UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
By plumb38
I have a Siemens thermostatic valve. Similar to this, but my valve is horizontal: ... me-plated/

It used to have a very slow drip. Now it has started to increase.

AFAIK, the screw fitting to the rad is as tight as I can make it. The drip seems to be coming from the air holes in the valve. (Remember that the valve is horizontal.)

Question: Is it easy to unscrew the rotating part without needing to unscrew the whole valve from the rad?

If yes, how do I do that? And how do I fix the leak?

User avatar
Hi, if you push down slightly on the plastic part toward the valve then locate and unscrew the chome ring beneath it it will come off.
there is a brass nut beneath that where it may be dripping from.
best result is to change whole valve as there only £7-20 each

hoping to get some advice about what type and size[…]

Hi Everyone,

I glad to join UK Plumber Forum.

Hi, this might help... http://www.boilermanuals.or[…]

I am the new one

Reliable data, Kudos!