UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
By Luca
I have a kitchen tap (at least 15yrs old maybe even older) which always used to drip but suddenly has started to flow constantly at a low pace in the attached picture. It would seem the tap has not been closed property allowing this, but in fact both cold & hot water taps have been shut fully. Does anyone know why this is the case? The tap has always leaked from the centre unit as well.

From the pictures attached would seem there are 2 bronze coloured rods leading into the tap unit underneath the kitchen sink. Those rods are attached to 2 grey flexi hoses connected to a ball valve for cold & hot water supplies. There is earthing attached to the 2 bronze coloured rods with are the green & yellow wiring seen in the picture.

How easy is for a DIY guy to change the tap unit over? Any advice please? If one needs a plumber what’s the likely cost? Which kitchen taps are the best ones to buy with my kitchen sink unit already in situ? Does the whole kitchen sink need to come out or can a plumber just insert a new tap under the kitchen sink per the pictures attached? Can a plumber re-attach the earthing or does an electrician need to do so?

I changed the tap in my bathroom sink which was easy but there was no earthing nor 2 bronze coloured rods. Just flexi hoses to be attached to the sink piping.

Let me know & thanks.
Kitchen Tap with constant running water.jpeg
Kitchen Tap with constant running water.jpeg (137.88 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Kitchen Tap (underneath sink).jpeg
Kitchen Tap (underneath sink).jpeg (189.6 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Kitchen Tap (underneath sink) B .jpeg
Kitchen Tap (underneath sink) B .jpeg (144.77 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Kitchen Tap (underneath sink) A .jpeg
Kitchen Tap (underneath sink) A .jpeg (169.24 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Earthing underneath kitchen sink tap.jpeg
Earthing underneath kitchen sink tap.jpeg (154.35 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
2 Flexi Hoses underneath kitchen sink.jpeg
2 Flexi Hoses underneath kitchen sink.jpeg (154.84 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
It seems like the ceramic cartridge needs renewing,
the hardest part of the job is determining which valve has failed hot or cold?
To access it, the rod on the tap handle unscrews and the rest pulls off the spindle sideways. there will be the valves that require renewing. just turn of water supply (depending on hot water system you have) then remove the valves.
i believe the valves required are available at screwfix/ b&q, best taking one with you to ensure the handle fits the spline of the new valve.
a plumber would/should charge 1 hour plus the valves. ... pack/2611f
lofty quienda

anarkali download mp3 storm slider download free p[…]

riche донецк

{кокосовое|масло riche https://biglioncoupons.[…]

Hello Peeps

Welcome to the forum Swifty!

Kitchen mixer tap

i want to know who taught him to tape the olive an[…]