UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
Plumbers/bathroom fitters, please have a look at this chromed wall diverter fitting.

The mixer lever works fine. The spindle goes in and out changing the flow to the shower or the bath. But it is pretty stiff and the small square knob on the end (plasticky) just turns round and round on the spindle and comes off when you pull it. So you need a wrench to switch to shower. Can anyone tell me who makes this unit and where a replacement knob could be sourced? If not, since its all buried into the wall, what would be involved in replacing it? (I do have a spare tile) Private customer TW1 area.

resize-15754103281872968074IMG20191203195006 (1).jpg
Wall changer unit
resize-15754103281872968074IMG20191203195006 (1).jpg (62.25KiB)Viewed 1049 times
close up of changer spindle
resize-15754102791108977661IMG20191203194953.jpg (41.98KiB)Viewed 1049 times

Have a look at the Vaillant ecotec 938 - just to t[…]


Hello everyone! I am Athena Faris, happy to be her[…]

Thanks guys, let me try an allen key in it and see[…]


I like the old systems the greeks and romans i[…]