UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Put your Central Heating System question in here.
By Meguinness
Hi guys, quick question..I need to remove a radiator.. instead then having a inlet and outlet on each side it does have it both on one side like you see in the photo...
Once I removed the radiator can I just cap the pipes individually or I need to bridge them to have the rest of the radiators in the ground floor working? Never seen fitted this way.
rsz_img_20191020_215151__01.jpg (55.66 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
User avatar
yes, there lance valves. you can elbow of one to the far cannector on the new rad then pipe the other locally.
thats an old stelrad about 40years old, hope its being chucked?
there will be a pipe inside the rad about the full width of that rad. you may also have a one pipe system but it may or may not work, so youre best not fitting a TRV at the other end, just a lock sheild otherwise if it were turned off it will stop flow to other rads.
be warned watch the rod when trying to take it out!
User avatar
Meguinness wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 1:17 am
Thanks for your reply ...I don't need to replace it ..I need it gone .. should I just bridge the two pipes? Thanks
you need to pull a floor board or distinquish if one pipe system.
cap off each pipe or connect both or it wont work.
cant guess without knowing this.
User avatar
Meguinness wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 8:46 am
How do I find out if is a one pipe system ? Got tiles floor.thanx
cap the pipes first, test other rads for heat. if some have gone off then its one pipe and needs bridging.
if not then your done.
Kitchen mixer tap

i want to know who taught him to tape the olive an[…]

All members of the forum

Is there anyone who needs access to the profesiona[…]

Hello Peeps

Hi my name is Swifty, Live in Surrey, Plumbing a[…]

Shower Brand identification

not actually after that valve, have another job bu[…]