UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

For when your troubles just won't soak away, sort out your drainage issues in here.
By Tommypee92
Hi all, new to the forum and hoping you can help.

Moved in to a house a while back. The house has had a downstairs bathroom added at some point and tapped in to the downstairs main waste pipe. We had a blockage and had an inspection of the pipe carried out whilst the pipe was being unblocked. Turns out that one of the seals on a join is protruding inside the pipe and causing tissue etc to block.

Here's the problem. The location of the seal is past a 90degree and then 1.5m along (underneath concrete) from access point. I'm thinking if I can cut the seal through the middle of the protrusion, this will ease flow and stop blockages. However, I am struggling to find the right tool or company for the job.

Any suggestions most welcome?

Thanks,

Tom
By REDSAW
Hi,
do the job properly, get a kango and dig it up otherwise everything else is a bodge.
if you cut the seal off then you have no seal to stop leakages going into the surrounding ground ending in a slurry pit over time! :roll:
you only need to access the joint, cut it out and apply a flexible rubber coupling and fill back in, 2 hours work and £40 in materials. that will be £450 with Dynarod or £4000 with insurance! :lol:

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]