UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Want to get squeaky clean but something's wrong? Go ahead and ask away in here.
By jonnyswamp
I'm not a fan of push fit waste either, too bulky
Prefer solvent as it's neater and more rigid
But can see the advantage of push fit for a new starter
By RPM
SimonG wrote:
May 4th, 2017, 5:46 pm
I always use solvent weld wastes. Like the permanace of it. If anybody is starting out it may be a good idea to use pushfit as it will allow you to tweak it if you don't get it spot on.
When starting out with solvent I used a marker pen to draw a line across the 2 pieces at the joint then removed it when the job was done. No need on a straight connector though :lol:
By Mr KJ
Solvent all day long.
The problem with push fit is over time the ring seal compresses and loses its tightness. Added to expansion and contraction its an accident waiting to happen.
Plus if anyone uses a plunger to clear a clog they can blow off the pipe.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

By REDSAW
Mr KJ wrote:
May 5th, 2017, 9:50 pm
Solvent all day long.
The problem with push fit is over time the ring seal compresses and loses its tightness. Added to expansion and contraction its an accident waiting to happen.
Plus if anyone uses a plunger to clear a clog they can blow off the pipe.

Ah, most pushfit around here and common.
i make money changing leaking joints :)
By jack
SimonG wrote:
I always use solvent weld wastes. Like the permanace of it. If anybody is starting out it may be a good idea to use pushfit as it will allow you to tweak it if you don't get it spot on.
hello,
Simon
I have use solvent weld wastes but leakage problems and I have covered all area of the weld with plaster but not any result
can you help me?
By RPM
jack wrote:
May 31st, 2017, 8:53 am
I have use solvent weld wastes but leakage problems and I have covered all area of the weld with plaster but not any result
can you help me?
If you have leaks on solvent weld joints then something is very wrong and as you have found out trying plaster to seal the joint will not work. Time to start again from the beginning.
Last edited by MrTom on May 31st, 2017, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: fixed quote
By Mr KJ
jack wrote:
SimonG wrote:
hello,
Simon
can you help me?
Have you used the correct solvent to bond the pipe surface to the fittings?

By jonnyswamp
Also, if this isn't a wind up, if solvent cement is used on push fit pipe with S/W fittings they will leak
S/W pipe is of a different composition to P/F and doesn't weld to the fittings

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]