UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
By JamesCranfield
Hello,

Just bought a house, the valve on the 3/4" washing machine tee is leaking (capped for now). I don't want to replace the tee, I would just like to screw in a new valve section on to the end of the tee to bypass the broken valve. Struggling to find the right component - can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Cheers
By REDSAW
JamesCranfield wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 5:28 pm
Hello,

Just bought a house, the valve on the 3/4" washing machine tee is leaking (capped for now). I don't want to replace the tee, I would just like to screw in a new valve section on to the end of the tee to bypass the broken valve. Struggling to find the right component - can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Cheers
ER,nope!
ran it through my head several times and at least 6 scenarios of what parts may be involved came to mind.
A picture would narrow this down to about 60 seconds if you could provide one then may be able to tell you exactly.
stick a picture up and lets see!
cheers
By JamesCranfield
Hi Redshaw,

Thanks for getting back to me.
IMG_02582.JPG
IMG_02582.JPG (287.07KiB)Viewed 7615 times
Here's a picture of the valve that's leaking (the cold one). I don't want to replace the whole section if I can avoid it - I just want to screw a working valve onto the end of the existing thread. It's a standard washing machine inlet size 3/4". Any thoughts?

Cheers
Attachments
IMG_02582.JPG
IMG_02582.JPG (287.07KiB)Viewed 7615 times
A leaking 3/4" tee valve in your washing machine can cause water damage and affect the machine's performance. To fix this issue, first, turn off the water supply and unplug the washing machine. Locate the tee valve, which is typically found at the back of the machine, connecting the hot and cold water supply lines. Using adjustable pliers, carefully remove the hoses connected to the valve. Inspect the valve for any visible damage or debris. If the valve is faulty, replace it with a new one. Reconnect the hoses securely and turn on the water supply to check for leaks. If the issue persists, consider seeking professional assistance.
By joni os
Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if ends of pipe are embedded, allowing insufficient movement to remove the existing Tee then purchase :-
3/4 BSP female to 15 mm compression elbow. New washing machine valve, straight or bent . Will also need short length of 15 mm copper pipe and ptfe or loktite 55, to seal threads.

they always do this this happened with my washing […]

Shower Pump

I have a mixer/tap type shower in the bath. It's[…]

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]