UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
User avatar
hi there,
forget the tape as i never found it much good.
you could get some rubber put that over hole and a jubilee clip to clamp it tight.
but best way would be to get some pipe equal to tha being fixed. cut 2-3'' of it in half forming a 'gutter' -saddle, put plenty of thixoprixic glue on old pipe and new patch. jubilee or tie-wrap it to the damaged pipe. that should do as theres no pressure in the pipe and not constant loading of water.
User avatar
never used that before as always used FloPlast SC250 Solvent Cement available at plumb merchant but the one you refer says its for pvc as it says so should wirk!
note: you have a min or to before it goes off, paste both sufaces, press on and wiggle it then camp quickly and leave 24hr before running water through it.
might not need that long but 3-4 hour at least as it hardens.
Shower Pump

doesnt look right to me. should have no 90deg elbo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]

Lamona LAM8301 dishwasher

Now seven years old has started tripping the kitch[…]