UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

For when your troubles just won't soak away, sort out your drainage issues in here.
By Naomi-92
So my kitchen sink leads to a pipe that goes into my kitchen floor, I live alone and I don’t know anything about drains.
Lately some times, not every time the water drains fine from my kitchen sink but then the pipe going into my floor over flows onto my kitchen floor. I would call someone out but with the Coronavirus I don’t think that is a good idea as I am a key worker and I see to people with the virus. Is there anything suggestions on what I can do myself? I live in a terraced house and not sure where my pipes runs or if they are connected to the other houses. Any help would be appreciated.
By REDSAW
Go check outside for the drain grate about 6'' square where an 1&1/2'' pipe may go into it.
if you eat a lot of rice then you may have blocked it a bit. lift the pipe up a bit and see what comes out!
take a pic or 2 and come back here :D
By REDSAW
RPM wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 6:15 pm
Hi, something isn`t right if the pipe can overflow on to the floor as it should be all sealed, is there any chance of posting a photo of what you have from around 4-5ft away not close up yet.
i suspect its the washing machine hockey' usually next to sink in a terrace ;)

they always do this this happened with my washing […]

Shower Pump

I have a mixer/tap type shower in the bath. It's[…]

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]