UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Want to get squeaky clean but something's wrong? Go ahead and ask away in here.
By Deckie
Does anyone have any experience of pumped, gravity fed electric showers such as the Mira Elite SE Dual Pumped Electric Shower 9.8kW, compared to a mains fed shower? I would imagine the pumped shower won’t be as good as a proper mixer power shower, some reviews say that the pump in the Mira Elite SE isn’t really powerful enough. Is that true, is the pump pressure only just enough to be close to or less than average mains pressure?
Thanks.
By REDSAW
Hi,
you would be supprised!
The pumped showers are just as good as any electric shower and especially better considered the cost of installing to new electric shower requirements.
i fitted a Triton pumped the other week and it had the same output as my own Triton T80 at home.

incidently, where do you get the 9.8kw from? the hot water is from your colorifier tank!
By Deckie
Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric shower rated at 9.8kW, not a pumped mixer shower with a hot water feed. It is gravity fed only which will need to be plumbed in after draining the tank. Before committing to that I was wondering how the flow pressure compares with similar mains fed electric showers. Is the pump pressure as good as a power shower only just enough to be close to or less than average mains pressure?
By REDSAW
Deckie wrote:
March 7th, 2022, 6:26 pm
Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric shower rated at 9.8kW, not a pumped mixer shower with a hot water feed. It is gravity fed only which will need to be plumbed in after draining the tank. Before committing to that I was wondering how the flow pressure compares with similar mains fed electric showers. Is the pump pressure as good as a power shower only just enough to be close to or less than average mains pressure?
Yes, that mira is cold gravity only heated by 9.8kw electric element at 6ltr per min for £350
the tritons i mentioned takes cold from storage tank and hot from chlorifier (pre heated) at 6-8ltr per minute
they both have an internal 1bar pump head.
A 'powershower' has an external pump 1-3bar-fed from mains/tank cold & hot from chlorifier. with higher output flow. 12-18ltr
any shower that has to heat the water via an internal element has a lower output.the only difference is how fast they heat the water 7-10kw, they are measured on cold through-flow of the unit not hot water.
wether its an internal pump for cold only or hot and cold output is no different-still 1 bar.
mains shower dipicted by the temp setting & fully pumped by the water available.
By Handyman14
REDSAW wrote:
March 8th, 2022, 12:36 am
Deckie wrote:
March 7th, 2022, 6:26 pm
Yes, that mira is cold gravity only heated by 9.8kw electric element at 6ltr per min for £350
the tritons i mentioned takes cold from storage tank and hot from chlorifier (pre heated) at 6-8ltr per minute
they both have an internal 1bar pump head.
A 'powershower' has an external pump 1-3bar-fed from mains/tank cold & hot from chlorifier. with higher output flow. 12-18ltr
any shower that has to heat the water via an internal element has a lower output.the only difference is how fast they heat the water 7-10kw, they are measured on cold through-flow of the unit not hot water.
wether its an internal pump for cold only or hot and cold output is no different-still 1 bar.
mains shower dipicted by the temp setting & fully pumped by the water available.
If you're looking for a shower pump I got one the other week a shower power booster one from https://plumbhq.uk/ I would recommend they also do different shower mixers etc

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]