UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
100 %
By RPM
To get hot water for washing and showering without running the engine on my boat I can use a shore power hook up, so for one person showering everyday with a small cylinder of 22litres what would be the most cost effective way of heating the water ?
Just to add the marina has no supply charge but it is 34p kilowatt. If leaving it on all the time would a timer help or does the heating element and temperature stat cut in and out anyway?

As you can tell this isn't my game :mrgreen:
(Can't edit thread title, meant whenever required in title)
Aye sorry for that. Lot of stats now don't have temp settings on their dials just high, low and a few dashes in between. Sometimes it takes a bit of fiddling to get it where you need it.
thought you would have a couple of leisure battey banks and a windmill on the boat for the hot supply?
RPM wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 2:04 pm
No wind turbine and batteries for when out and about on wild moorings yes however restricted hours on running engine in marinas here.
wind turbine and solar cells 900w with 2 x110ah batteries and a clock timer will power it all day long in moorings.
would be reluctant to use the engine hours & fuel or shore power charge just for hot water without motoring somewhere.
set that on a timer to come on say:11am then gives time to recharge battery before sunset with wind in evenings.

am i of track?
By REDSAW
RPM wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 6:15 pm
Probably not however there is no way on earth I'm having a wind turbine on my boat! :lol:
Eh?
but you live in windy miller country :lol: :lol:
REDSAW wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 11:40 pm
RPM wrote:
January 30th, 2020, 6:15 pm
Probably not however there is no way on earth I'm having a wind turbine on my boat! :lol:
Eh?
but you live in windy miller country :lol: :lol:
you can get pop-up ones just for use in a mairna!

what boiler is it? turn your boiler temp control[…]

Can't believe that someone suggested a compression[…]

Heating

as said, is the boiler downstairs? heat rises but[…]

Commercial project

Building regs part h gives the requirements for st[…]