UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Want to get squeaky clean but something's wrong? Go ahead and ask away in here.
By REDSAW
Hi, i have just been out to do one of those taps as the valve was snapped off.
found it simpler to just get a new one, unbolt those 2 chrome nuts and install new in less than 10 minutes.

that bit your showing is the shower diverter and they usually come out and can be serviced with a couple of right size 'o' rings if you can find them. problem is theres a lot of generic copies of the same tap designs and finding parts is difficult.

i bet its stuck in position? pour some white vinager in it and leave for a while or get some heat on it as it may free off.
Also, turn water off as the drop in pressure may free it.
By Royston
its a little sticky . cant get the spout back on as the thread seems smaller . not sure if something is missing from spout and where it screws back on .. are you on about changing the whole unit or just buy the tap unit where the 2 chrome nuts are 8-)

found it simpler to just get a new one, unbolt those 2 chrome nuts and install new in less than 10 minutes. you got a link for where I could get this please . and thanks
By REDSAW
start with the full story.

what spout, what was the problem, have you just fitted it?

can you take it out (un scrw the chrome collars) then take off front lever and taking a pic?

you probably havnt located it in the spindle right.
The bathroom mix tap has developed a loud squealing noise. We suspect it's the problem with the washer by checking the related threads in this forum. But we need to open up the tap. Anyone knows how to open up the tap (the image attached), for which we don't have a clue yet. Many thanks.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (70.85KiB)Viewed 16709 times
wwtom wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 12:24 pm
The bathroom mix tap has developed a loud squealing noise. We suspect it's the problem with the washer by checking the related threads in this forum. But we need to open up the tap. Anyone knows how to open up the tap (the image attached), for which we don't have a clue yet. Many thanks.
Hi,
they are probably ceramic cartridges, had one do the same last week!
there should be a small grub screw on the sides of those handles otherwise they may just push on/off?
By REDSAW
wwtom wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 3:24 pm
Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. Indeed there is a screw on the side, but when I took that screw off, I still can't take off the handle. Strange one. Any other idea?
it may be crusted up with scale, soak it in white vinager over night and try knocking it off
By REDSAW

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]