UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
71.4 % 28.6 %
By Richard
Has anyone tried the new click fix....if you have a job when a nail or screw has been driven through a pipe, dont cut the pipe anymore. No, simply snap on the click fix, heat up the built in solder ring and thats it, a permanent fix. Should be at you local merchants, if not they can get them for you and they are only a couple of quid... !
By REDSAW
No, there £3.49 - but why not just cut pipe and slip on a 39p slip coupler seeing as you go through same process bar using a pipe slice, but then you dont need to file flat either!
or
why not use one of these and your out finished quicker-customer pays the bill !!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rothenberge ... 2218181722

it will be one of those other things that sit in the van for a couple of years thinking- why did i buy this!
like my aladin stopcok repair, condense to soil filter, trv's with iso's etc...
By REDSAW
did enjoy old forum when ray stafford sent out samples for honest tradesman reviews on products. :D
By REDSAW
TURNPIN wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 7:19 pm
Yes have to agree with you Red liked Old Ray ....(never got any freebies though)..lol regards Turnpin
once upon a time when my daughter was shipping out for the first time to leeds uni with a car full of belongings.
We decided to pick up a parcel from the post office on the way that we missed delivery day before, lobbed it into car with other box;s and headed on up t'north.
after unpacking everything in leeds and helping daughter to settle in, wife said we will go out in a moment to find some food as we were all starving. i nipped out for a quiet fag and thought 'whats in the parcel' i knew it was from Ray as it got williams all over it but thought a trial product or something!
i took the parcel to the front door after discovering what was inside just as the family were all bursting out to get food and i told them to go back inside for a moment. i opened the box and revealled- frying pan, sauce pan, loaf of bread, cooking oil, brown/tomato sauce, sausages, bacon, eggs, mushroome, beans, tomatoes, margerine, salt. All 4 of us had a slap up full english courtesy of mr stafford knowing we would be busy that day! what a bloke :D

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]