UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
100 %
By manur114
Hello All,
I would like to get some advice on this issue. I have moved to new council flat and been in here now for 8 weeks. This flat has HOMAC PUMP 250 under the sink that pump waste water from the sink, washing machine and dishwasher. I would like to get rid of it as its costing me nearly double the electricity bill than the previous flat i used to pay, previous flat i paid only £34-38 and now paying £62-68 and am with cheap tariff. I went rond to check neighbours and non have it in their flat. Am on the first floor( living room and kitchen) bedroom upstairs. And the property had wall insulation done 6 years ago so some property their kitchen waste pipe is hidden while others they have redone on top after wall insulation. I will try to raise with the council first and see what will be the outcomes. If council won't do it I may go private plumber.
Please need help urgently where to go about it or who is the right for this kind of job . Thanks
By REDSAW
if its costing you that much in electric (monthly i assume?) then i suggest you stop any dripping taps-wasteful laundry cycles etc or your paying someone elses electric as well as your own or possibly the pumps faulty as its only 250 watts running normally which is nothing more than a pc running all day!!
if pipes cant be exterally routed, which i doubt then a new pump is needed- councils problem i think.
turn off all your electrical devices for a day and see if the meter has moved indicating some other flats tapped into your supply. if council owned, then very likely. !!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
By manur114
REDSAW wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 9:04 pm
if its costing you that much in electric (monthly i assume?) then i suggest you stop any dripping taps-wasteful laundry cycles etc or your paying someone elses electric as well as your own or possibly the pumps faulty as its only 250 watts running normally which is nothing more than a pc running all day!!
if pipes cant be exterally routed, which i doubt then a new pump is needed- councils problem i think.
turn off all your electrical devices for a day and see if the meter has moved indicating some other flats tapped into your supply. if council owned, then very likely. !!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Thanks will do firstly turn off all the appliance see for a day will update you guys.

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]