UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Want to get squeaky clean but something's wrong? Go ahead and ask away in here.
100 %
By REDSAW
@rpm.
can you pump a maccerator out the top of a garage roof (outside), 4m to the soil stack connection?

there is no other rate it can go due to structure internally. :?
By RPM
In theroy yes however check the specs of the choosen pump, most will do 5m vertically and as I keep saying after that you need a fall away to the soil stack which I recommend is in 32mm.

Please don`t do what one muppet did which was............
Bathroom on first floor above garage and the unit was sited in the garage below right up high to the garage roof, so high up that it was impossible to remove the lid never mind remove the pump/ motor inside. Someone flushed a wet wipe away and the unit jammed, first they knew of it was when the water level in the pan was high BUT that meant the 4" from the pan going down through the bathroom floor to the unit below was also full of water. Had to empty the garage before letting the water out! :lol:
By REDSAW
would the 32mm need insulating with a good fall-off?
or thinking about it-the 22mm coming out the garage roof too?
By RPM
REDSAW wrote:
December 9th, 2018, 2:16 pm
would the 32mm need insulating with a good fall-off?
or thinking about it-the 22mm coming out the garage roof too?
Can`t see 32mm on a good slope filling and freezing that said I would if only to add a layer of protection from knocks or sunlight over time, the 22mm vertical I would as that will be full of water. Some pumps use 32mm vertical so again read the specs.
By REDSAW
RPM wrote:
December 9th, 2018, 9:37 pm
If you mean the 22/32mm outlet from the unit will join the stack via a rubber bung whilst another toilet is above discharging into the same stack then solvent weld is safer.
good point. i was actually refering to the possibility of the stack overflow back down to maccerator & both flushing at same time?

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]