UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
100 %
By REDSAW
personaly not a plasticfantastic speedyfitfitter but,
today i used some on a ceiling flood lol

i would only use compression in that circumstance as i wouldnt want anything to bite me later down the line.
ater saying what you questioning let me ask you: would you use the cheaper pushfits instead?
By Best
REDSAW wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 8:28 pm

i would only use compression in that circumstance as i wouldnt want anything to bite me later down the line.
ater saying what you questioning let me ask you: would you use the cheaper pushfits instead?
Not a plastic user myself, but compression could get moved and cause a hidden weep on copper pipes to a radiator, on the event of the rad being removed for decorating for example.
I was thinking where soldering is a high risk of fire and pipes are below boards on ground floors, then push fit not a bad choice.
By REDSAW
Best wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 10:11 pm
REDSAW wrote:

Not a plastic user myself, but compression could get moved and cause a hidden weep on copper pipes to a radiator, on the event of the rad being removed for decorating for example.
I was thinking where soldering is a high risk of fire and pipes are below boards on ground floors, then push fit not a bad choice.
i certainly wouldnt rate pushfit above compression with paste myself. it just gives cause to the house owner slating for using 'cheap plastic' seen and heard that before!
By Best
REDSAW wrote:
August 28th, 2018, 6:13 pm
Best wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 10:11 pm
REDSAW wrote:

i certainly wouldnt rate pushfit above compression with paste myself. it just gives cause to the house owner slating for using 'cheap plastic' seen and heard that before!
I do think the same.
The only thing I would say in favour of plastic push fittings is -
When you move a pipe and it turns, obviously because it is joined somewhere to a plastic fitting, you can be confident it won’t leak.
Joining radiator pipes onto brass fittings is vulnerable to the pipes getting moved If rad taken off later.
I hate all plastic plumbing though

they always do this this happened with my washing […]

Shower Pump

I have a mixer/tap type shower in the bath. It's[…]

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]