UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

(just for laughs)
50 % 50 %
By RPM
TURNPIN wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 5:22 pm
RPM wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 5:11 pm
I did with solvent weld cement which I guess the first monkey ran out of.
I take it you renewed the offending pipework with new then ?....regards Turnpin :D
The pipe and the fitting were correct just the way the two were joined using PTFE tape mate.
By REDSAW
ive done it before when the diferent makes of pushfit as long as the pipes a tad too small, sometimes as a engineer bodge lol.
even seen silicone used to glue solvent pipe together or not glued at all on condense pipes and overflows :o ;)
By REDSAW
came accross a new build/2nd owner about 5 years old.
she just moved in and wanted the dishwasher plumbing in 1&1/2 m away from allocated position on a return wall.

did the new run andd the connecting joint leaked as pipe was not compatible so bunged on a compression waste, sorted!!
i then took a look down back of units and saw the next joint down was leaking!! :o

long story short 4 lengths of waste with 4-5 joints had all diffrent pipe makes. when i took them all out and looked at them i was dumbfounded the 'builders' had used so many off-cuts and just slapped them in. poor woman from a £70 job ended up £240 lighter & kitchen re-fit before the kettle got unpacked :lol: :lol:

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]