UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Put your Central Heating System question in here.
100 %
By Best
RPM wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 5:39 pm
Thinking it`s a good idea from the point of view of easy to fit whilst doing the install, will be needed in time and at the very least it gives an indication of the system for only a few extra £`s.
And I would add to your points that a mag filter as a dosing point is very useful I think.
I have been asked to install a filter on the new system, but was wondering if it would have much of a purpose, other than what we have said.
By Best
RPM wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 6:38 pm
Not really my field as you know however believe you fit them on the return (?) Is that OK for adding chemicals?
Yes, recommended to be fitted on the return before boiler so to protect the boiler from dirt and magnetite. I only ever fit them on oil systems.
They are really handy for adding system chemicals (cleaners or inhibitor). Easy to turn filter valves off and drain filter body ready for putting chemical in.
By jonnyswamp
Same as SimonG, always on a new install and recommend on existing
Doesn't give the manufacturers an excuse not to carry out a warranty call if it's fitted
Sure I read somewhere (in an instruction book) it's recommended
By REDSAW
with johnyboy, easy to fit, charge customer xtra and keeps manufaturer off your back for protecting boiler.
personally think that they should be integral to boiler nowadays though. :)

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]