UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Put your Central Heating System question in here.
By Woodsy
Probably about right , with how most are installed and maintained. Sure that with a belt and braces approach to the original installation and regular maintenance of the system - not just the boiler they would last at least 50% longer. Always amazes me that most people wouldn't dream of not maintaining their car but will happily ignore something so important to their everyday lives.
By REDSAW
i tell folk they should last between 10 and 15 years............who knows?
i also tell them not as long as your back boiler :)
By joni os
Energy Saving Trust figures at April 2017 prices, indicate replacing F rated, 70% efficient boiler will save £145 per year in semi household, at installation cost of £2300.
Reliable figures state 23 million households with boilers and a replacement market of 1,300,000 per year. Heating and hot water Industry Council estimate 9 million zombie boilers, which by definition are not getting replaced. The 14 million remaining boilers , those not classed as zombie, are being replaced at the rate of 1.3 million per year. Giving a life of 10-11 years. I will happily tell a client with 8 year old combi, it is better to replace with new, but choice to replace a reliable 25 year old boiler is rarely justified by economics.

they always do this this happened with my washing […]

Shower Pump

I have a mixer/tap type shower in the bath. It's[…]

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]