UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Ask your general plumbing questions here. Please have a quick check to make sure it wouldn't fit in any other category.
57.1 % 42.9 %
By TURNPIN
Not too keen on spiders or heights..probably stems from being up on a quickstage scaffold about 70 foot climbed through a window onto the scaffold and started drilling into the bricks for some clips as I pushed on the drill the scarf moved away from the wall it had not been tied in ...that was a cheek clenching moment I can tell you....regards Turnpin :lol:
By jonnyswamp
Heights, I can't even watch a video clip where the camera is peering over a parapet wall or roof of a high rise building without my stomach churning over
Deep water, or rather deep narrow channels of water like this
http://www.express.co.uk/travel/article ... pini-terme
Both these phobias I can blame on experiences I've had earlier in life
EDIT similar reason to Turnpins
By REDSAW
yeah, fear of falling not heights as such.
because i fallen many times rock climbing and all sorts (trust your equiptment haha). even watching a basket ball match from 20 foot broke my chuffin wrist lol.
By Croppie
Heights don't bother me, neither does falling. Although I'm not too keen on the landing.

Cows. I am scared rigid of cows. My mates find it hysterical and call it Croppie's Moophobia.

So, because I hate myself, I live in the middle of the countryside roughly 300 yards from a dairy farm.....
By Mr KJ
gallego1968 wrote:I hate wasps, i run a mile when there is one near me.
I managed 40 years on this earth without being stung by a wasp then one day in the merchants the summer before last one flew down the back of my t-shirt and the bugger got me 5 times.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

By Croppie
I don't like anything near my eyes. I couldn't ever wear contacts, the very thought of putting them in freaks me out!
By REDSAW
Mr KJ wrote:
August 7th, 2017, 10:46 pm
Spiders and snakes for me is the big one. I have a fear of tooth pain i have nightmares about falling over and smashing my teeth out

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
i got a vision of you looking like Barry Gibb :lol:

they always do this this happened with my washing […]

Shower Pump

I have a mixer/tap type shower in the bath. It's[…]

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]