UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

For when your troubles just won't soak away, sort out your drainage issues in here.
By 2old4this
Need some expert advice couple days ago my outside sewage drain got blocked. the drain guy came and unblocked it and noticed that about 100 yards the gutter down pipe was over flowing with sewage waste.( is this commen) had an appointment with Thames Water today who came and notice that the drain was blocked again They put CCTV and found nothing but couldn't explain the overflow from the gutter pipe.any help and advice would be great.
By REDSAW
you may have trees around your property?
this causes green moss on your roof also, you will find its blocked with that.
take off down pipe and rod it out.
By a.arstall@sky.com
Please can anyone give me some advice? I have managed to lose my universal pigtail connector off my drain rods down the toilet drain and i feel its snagged on the bend of tge drain underground. Whats the best way to retrieve this from experience. I have rods and i am willing to buy any attatchments i may need. Many thanks in advance Adam
By REDSAW
a.arstall@sky.com wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 1:06 pm
Please can anyone give me some advice? I have managed to lose my universal pigtail connector off my drain rods down the toilet drain and i feel its snagged on the bend of tge drain underground. Whats the best way to retrieve this from experience. I have rods and i am willing to buy any attatchments i may need. Many thanks in advance Adam
hi,
youd be better off starting a new thread.

if you cant shove pigtail further down sewer to inspection manhole, then it needs pulling down with a ball of string and a means of trapping it to the pt then pulling it through. make sure line and snagging is firm enough though!

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]