UK Plumber Forum 

A place of resource for Plumbers and Gas Engineers in the UK.

Want to get squeaky clean but something's wrong? Go ahead and ask away in here.
25 % 37.5 % 37.5 %
By oz-plumber
I have recently been informed by a couple of customers, who have read the 'small print' in their insurance policy's.

Any burst flexible connector that is has been installed for 10 years will not be covered under their premium.

So I have been changing quite a few recently.

We have the Flexible connectors with Pex pipe inside.
They are not as flexible as the common ones, but are the only ones I will install from now on - unless supplied with the unit to be installed.

Interesting on the Insurance company's front - claiming they will not insure flexi's over 10 years old
By REDSAW
oz-plumber wrote:
October 5th, 2017, 10:52 am
I have recently been informed by a couple of customers, who have read the 'small print' in their insurance policy's.

Any burst flexible connector that is has been installed for 10 years will not be covered under their premium.

So I have been changing quite a few recently.

We have the Flexible connectors with Pex pipe inside.
They are not as flexible as the common ones, but are the only ones I will install from now on - unless supplied with the unit to be installed.

Interesting on the Insurance company's front - claiming they will not insure flexi's over 10 years old
sometimes the small small print here says, they will cover the damage but not the plumbing or fittings!
10mm pipe with connectors could do the same as flexis, hmmmm might be wirth trying :)
By REDSAW
Best wrote:
October 5th, 2017, 8:12 pm
Only flexis I normally install (besides those that come with a shower pump) are those that come as part of tap mixers.
I have a new toilet to install that is the nearly back to wall type, but I am going to be doing the pipe all in copper to exact position.
:lol: :lol: have fun :lol: :lol:
By Best
REDSAW wrote:
October 5th, 2017, 9:58 pm
Best wrote:
October 5th, 2017, 8:12 pm
Only flexis I normally install (besides those that come with a shower pump) are those that come as part of tap mixers.
I have a new toilet to install that is the nearly back to wall type, but I am going to be doing the pipe all in copper to exact position.
:lol: :lol: have fun :lol: :lol:
Well pipe is installed today, so it will have to do.
Hopefully when toilet goes in later the pipe is spot on.
No rubber hose pipes for me! :lol:
By REDSAW
speak of the devil.
back to wall toilet today, bought plaster down below due to leak in a plush residence.

pan connector and flexi to fill valve were leaking so i popped out for new flexi pan connector and 3/8ths to 1/2inch pipe.
took 4 attempts to stop hose from dripping, even stripped down whole toilet to ensure it was tight but that didnt cure it !! :roll:
turned out the inner brass bore of the flexi didnt fit inside the fill valve stem to seal the rubber. in the end i added an 'o' ring to it to effect a seal. it was a right ballache of 3 hours! :roll: :roll:

Replacing leaking valve is preferred option but if[…]

Shower Pump

Volume of water out of pump can be no more than vo[…]

A coy way to ramp up the bill catching out those w[…]

Gravity or mains fed shower?

Thanks Redsaw but this is a pumped electric sh[…]